Monday 28 June 2010

Crochet Edging

Crikey! Two posts in one day, what's going on? The sun must have gone to my head!

A couple of weeks ago I bought some very tired looking shelves from the car boot sale. They were obviously hand made and for some reason the person that built them put the shelves on slightly unevenly. After I had painted them (pink, of course) I was bothered by this wonkiness and decided that a bit of edging was in order.

I hunted high and low on the internet looking for something that I could either make or buy but came up with nothing. However, whilst doing a bit of blog hopping, I found this delightful blog by a lovely lady called Isobel. I then spent rather a long time looking through her blog and came across this.....


photo by Isobel

Isn't it pretty? It was exactly what I needed. Perfect. I sent a message to Isobel asking if I could please borrow her idea and she very kindly said yes.
Here is what I came up with...



It not only hides the wonky shelf but adds a bit of colour too. Thank you so much Isobel for allowing to me to copy your idea. I now need to make some more for the lower shelves which are also wonky.
Please pop round to Isobel's blog if you don't already know it, it is full of lovely goodness.

x

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Your colours look beautiful, what a gorgeous solution :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! The colors are great! very nice idea. I'll see you soon, susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crochet edging looks fabulous. It's such a good idea. Can't wait to perfect my crocheting skills and try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! I love your site and the header is so fun!!

    I hope you will join my designer giveaway from Pillow Mint.

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to crochet, and that is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete