Sunday 16 May 2010

A Thrifty Week

In my never ending search for some vintage barkcloth I headed further afield this week and visited a few more thrift shops. I am so glad that I did. here are a few of my finds from this week....



Another plate to add to the collection...


A vintage floral plant pot...


A cake stand with the crinoline lady...


A sweet bone china thimble...


A multi-coloured crochet blanket...



And last but by no means least, a box full of buttons. I am always on the lookout for old buttons so when I saw a box full I was soooo excited. When I was told I could have them all for £1 I nearly fell over. There are hundreds! Including the ones that are still on the original card (above).




To see more thrifty goodies, pop round to Sophie's.
x

6 comments:

  1. GREAT finds!! I especially love the vintage floral plant pot - how gorgeous. My great grandmother had something from that crinoline lady set I think - she made the best sponge cakes ever! Thanks for the memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo lovely things! I love the plate and cake stand, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! The china is beautiful! I also found some buttons this week. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fab finds! i've got one of those cake stands too, love crinoline lady designs. but my fave's gotta be that lovely crochet blankie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the buttons. I recently bought a whole tin of them at a charity shop. Now, what to do with them.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMarvelous I love the plant pot and buttons!!

    Raia @ toiledelight

    ReplyDelete