Monday 19 April 2010

Grey Day with W.I.P.

The greyness has popped it's dreary head up in this neck of the woods again. It has been gloomy and overcast for most of the day so I haven't been able to take many good pictures. In the brief few minutes when the sun managed to poke through I took a couple of pics of another one of the projects I'm working on from Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts - Lacy Crochet. 







I'm still not altogether sure about working with the diagrams but I seem to be coping. I did have to a little bit of frogging but then I still do with written patterns sometimes. This is a pattern for a Pot Pourri Sachet but again I'm only doing the front so that it will be another doily. In case you were wondering, yes, I do have a little bit of a thing for doilies much to the rest of the family's horror.

I thought that this would make a nice doily because it's a little different. I love traditional doilies but sometimes it's good to try to do something a little different.




On a slightly different subject would you please allow me to introduce a very dear friend of mine?
Her name is Plum Plum and she loves to sit on my arms while I am on the laptop or to lie across the wool while I am trying to crochet (as cats do!). I thought that now would be an appropriate time for you to meet....



x

1 comment:

  1. Your crochet is amazing....didn't you say you were teaching yourself? Clever girl!! I love your cat..and her name is gorgeous. Hope all is well in your little slice of the world :)

    ReplyDelete