Thursday 8 April 2010

Spring has sprung....



I have decided to give this blog another go. I hope to be able to post a few times a week. Spring is finally here in the deepest, darkest depths of Lancashire so I decided that now was as good a time as any for a new start.
My daughters spotted a wee ladybird in the yard this afternoon. We don't tend to get a lot of them so I quickly took her picture. To me this is a good sign that things are warming up a little.
We only have a small yard so most of my planting is done in pots and baskets. I love having plants and flowers but with two dogs who like to eat everything it often proves difficult. I have tried all sorts to keep them off but nothing works, they always find a way.
One of my favourites at the minute is the little beauty above. I can't remember her name but she seems to be doing well. Maybe that's because I planted her in a hanging basket where the mutts can't reach her...........

No comments:

Post a Comment