Friday, 23 April 2010
Pink Daisy Doily
I finally finished the pink doily and wow that took a lot of blocking! When I had finished the crochet it was so curled up that I thought it would be completely unusable. After a lot of stretching, pulling, pinning and wetting followed by three days waiting for it to dry and a lot of re-pinning thanks to the cats I finally had a usable doily. Phew!
Yesterday I finished a more traditional looking doily, again in pink. That too needs to be blocked but not in such a drastic way.
I think that I am now all doilied out. As much as enjoy making them I am running out of room. There are only so many surfaces that can take a doily! The only problem is that I am now stuck for ideas for what I can do for my next project....